Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back to proactive communications

It's been 18 months since I took office as a Sylvania Township Trustee. While I think I did a good job of getting my message out to the voters of Sylvania during the campaign, I have to admit that I have done a poor job of that while in office. This email is the first in my effort to correct that.

I'll own up to a bit of naivety while entering the fray that is politics. I campaigned hard, got my message to the voters, and the voters supported me. But then I stopped proactively communicating with the voters, and let the media and others explain what was going on at the Township, I let others define who I was and what I was doing. As a result, my actions were not always being represented fairly and accurately.

I ran and was elected on some very important issues to our community - ever- increasing property taxes and development. The direction that I am working to take the township keeps those issues in mind, every step of the way. You may not always agree with me, but hopefully by resurrecting my email campaign, I can help you understand the basis for some of my decisions.